Thursday, March 26, 2009

Perfect Weekend


I have the most wonderful weekend planned. We are off to Abu Dhabi tomorrow en famille and staying at a lovely hotel tomorrow and in the evening will be listening to Andrea Bocelli (now not all the family is not enthused about mum's idea of a brilliant night out but you see he is performing at the Emirates Palace and we will be there on Saturday night too so it made perfect sense).

You see Coldplay is at Emirates Palace on Saturday night and the boys and I are going. They have no idea what they are in for........I intend to be totally outrageous - translation...singing and dancing and generally enjoying myself. They will die from embarrassment all night long which increase my enjoyment no end. The other thing I warned them of is that I had to buy the expensive seats as that was all that was left which means we have to arrive on time and be right in front of the stage - as it's standing only. I am so short that I need to be in the first row or I will not see. Both boys rolled their eyes at their mini mum and patted me on the head. I have to get my revenge somehow.

As always I'll report back with photos. See ya Monday :-)

11 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Of course it makes sense, Liz. Kids, eh?

I don't need to tell you to have a wonderful time - I know you will!

(Mind you, how you're going to be able to dance outrageously when you are standing shoulder to shoulder in the Cold Play audience I'm not sure)

Flowerpot said...

Sounds the most amazing weekend Liz - very envious and look forward to hearing all about it!

Sue Guiney said...

sounds fabulous! have a great time!!

Nell Dixon said...

Don't let them drop you if you go crowd surfing.

Anna Louise Lucia said...

Oh, MAN, I'm jealous! Andrea I can take or leave, but Coldplay has become my life soundtrack lately.... It's impossible to listen to that album and not feel a lifting of the spirits!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

Very jealous indeed!!!! Can't wait for the pics though :-)

Kate Hardy said...

Have a fabulous time, Liz. (Great musical choice, too.)

When I was shopping for blue nailvarnish for the RNA do, the shop assistant told me that a mother's job is to embarrass her kids. So you dance and you sing and you have a brilliant time *g*

Steve Malley said...

Have fun-- embarrass the be-jeepers out of the kids!!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Your weekend sounds wonderfully exciting. My manager and his friends are in Dubai for the next week for a stag do, so I hope they're not staying anywhere near where you're going.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

That sounds like an awesome weekend--the pictures alone look wonderful. :)

Enjoy yourself!

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. Can't wait to see photos.