Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Joy - St. Patrick's Day

May love and laughter light your days,and warm your heart and home.May good and faithful friends be yours,wherever you may roam.May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures.May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours!

This day has never failed to bring me joy. I have loved it and all the celebrations -serious and corny- that have been attached to it. From my youngest days it has been imprinted into my soul. It's about family and food and Mass. It's about partying that is beyond compare. It's about singing and dancing and God do I miss that. It's about being a part of me that is often tucked in a quiet corner. It's about the 'Kiss Me I'm Irish' badge I wore with pride and, dare I say, hope. It's about my best friend and a shared understanding that knows no bounds. It's about all those that are no longer with me to sing a little song, dance a bit and celebrate life but have let me a stronger and happier person for knowing them.

So raise a glass and say thanks to those who are no longer with you. Hug those that are. Share the joy.

These things, I warmly wish for you-
Someone to love,
Some work to do,
A bit of o’ sun
A bit o’ cheer
And a guardian angel
Always near.

1 comment:

Jan Jones said...

There, Liz, you've raised a smile here!