Friday, December 18, 2009

Paradise - The Reethi Rah in the Maldives





I know you will hate me as I write, but I have to share. At the moment I am sitting with my little lappy in the hammock with sound of the breeze moving the palm fronds so that they click in gentle contrast to the waves shushing their way on to the sand. White hermit crabs are chasing each other on the long stretch of beach. The sun has risen just high enough that the turquoise is beginning to colour the sea from the outside edges.











Yes, I am in paradise for the second time and to be honest it only gets better. Many times things do not live up to what we create in our heads but I have to say our return visit to the One and Only Reethi Rah has excelled my expectations. The resort itself is perfect the setting beyond compare, but to be honest it would be nothing more the exquisitely beautiful without the staff who are so kind thoughtful not to mentioned well trained. Nothing seems to much for them. There is one member of staff who unbelievably remembered us from our last stay. He would make dd a teddy bear from her napkin every morning at breakfast...now he is training to be a villa host...she found a beautiful 'puppy' on her bed made from a towel and last night DH and had our bed covered in orchids and circling a heart .......... It is the little things that make it all so much more special.
























The boys who were not with us last time have at points been stunned to silence - and it's not just the swimming with sharks and turtles it is the kindness of all the people they meet. I have probably ruined my kids for life by sharing this all with them, but I hope that this holiday which is a special treat for us all will teach them that service with a smile means nothing if it isn't from the heart and that their father has worked very hard indeed for us to be here to have this family time.














So that I won't be in breach of my banning of 'puters (except mine) I will sign off but I wanted to share a few of the images of paradise with you.










P.S. It's very hard to believe that Christmas is around the corner despite the carols playing on my ipod.
P.P.S. Ben Johncock - the photo of me is there so that you know these are not photos pinched from the Internet! :-)

11 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Fabulous, Liz. Not jealous, really.

Jen said...

Can you see a strange glow emanating from the direction of Blighty? That's me green with envy, that is.

Have a completely amazing time X

Nell Dixon said...

Enjoy every minute and thank you for sharing it with us.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I think if I looked in the mirror now I'd be a subtle (or not so subtle) shade of green.

Have a fabulous time. x

Flowerpot said...

Speechless Liz. And it's very COLD here in Cornwall!! Glad yhou're having such a fab time/.

Chris Stovell said...

Looks absolutely fabulous - enjoy it, Liz.

Helen said...

This looks amazing. Glad you had such a lovely time.(It is currenty snowing outside my window).

Stephanie Zia said...

Great photos - sigh!

Steve Malley said...

I am a little jealous, but only a little. I am, after all, in New Zealand... ;)

Merry Christmas!!!

Ben Johncock said...

I believe you!

Susie Vereker said...

Liz, fantastic. Happy new year to you. Fingers crossed for your books.