Thursday, July 05, 2007

Cat Heaven



I've returned from Cornwall having left the big fat white cat in his heaven - beware all small rodents.

So with six hundred or so miles under my belt I am looking at so much to do before the packers arrive Monday. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but come mid-day tomorrow I am bound for the Romantic Novelist Association Conference and I can't wait. However I don't return until Monday morning and by then the packers will have begun deconstructing my life as I know it. Although I hate the moving process I have to confess to loving the challenge of another new 'house' to make into a home. This time it will be for a longer period. In the past I have done this for as little as three months and the longest being three years.

Now this week there are some wonderful things out on the Internet for writers. Michelle Styles is hosting a workshop on eharlequin on Goal, Motivation and Conflict. Well worth a look even if you aren't writing romance.

Also thanks to Zinnia for the link on the Novel Racers' Blog to Troubled Diva which talks about Bloggers and book deals. Well worth a read. Of course our own Caroline Smailes is one of these speacial people!


Right now off to pack for the weekend and summer!

13 comments:

Caroline said...

Your move sounds like a real adventure Liz. Hope it all goes well.
x

Unknown said...

Thanks :-)

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs on the move. See you tomorrow!!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait Nell :-)

NoviceNovelist said...

Have a great w/end Liz - I'm still buzzing from Winchester confr last w/end so I'm sure the energy the w/end will give you will help you face the movers come Monday! Enjoy.

Unknown said...

Thanks Isabella. Did you meet up with Kate H there?

cs harris said...

Great garden! (and nice cat)

Unknown said...

Hi C.S. how did the writing exclusion go?

Thanks, i love my garden and the big fat cat too.........hard to believe he was wa rescue cat.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

With so much going on in your life, I'm amazed you still find time to read and write blogs. Glad you do though! Hope the weekend is loads of fun; looking forward to reading about it in due course.

Anonymous said...

Look forward to seeing you at the Conference.
P x

Unknown said...

Just heading out the door to the conference........can't wait! I can be a novelist for a whole weekend and not a mum on the move :-)

Jen said...

Have a lovely time!

hesitant scribe said...

Hope you get loads out of the conference. Inspired you shall be!

Love the cat/garden and hope the boxes all arrive intact. I just spent last weekend moving my parents into their new home and they're still knee deep in boxes ;-) But it's sooo exciting! All that newness... It's going to be just wonderful xxx