Thursday, September 14, 2006

End of the Dry Spell

Well, I did stop procrastinating long enough to put a mind map together for the next book currently called A Cornish House. Not having written in so long it practically exploded onto the computer........not a pretty sight but clearly my mind had been working over time. I even wrote the first three hundred words but I am going to stop there before I run away with myself. For this book I need to be more organized and fully flesh out my main characters before they start changing on the pages. I have promised myself I will keep better track of what is happening in the story so that I don't find myself at 50,000 words in wondering what colour so and so's eyes were!

On a delightful diversion, I finished Julie Cohen Being a Bad Girl. What a fantastic read if a triffle tricky to read and not squirm while sitting next to my seven year old. I loved the book start to finish and had the added extra of discovering on Julie's blog that she had Hugh Jackman in mind for the hero Oz. (Oh and the DD did wonder why she was being a bad girl girl!)

I'll end by pinching Bernadine Kennedy's quote of the day:

'I understand the concepts of cooking and cleaning, just not how they apply to me'.

It is so me :)

2 comments:

Julie Cohen said...

Glad you enjoyed the book, Liz! Good luck with your new project and with the blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks Julie,

I have two more of your books on the tbr pile and have yet to pick up Spirit Willing Flesh Weak but will do soon :)

Cheers,

Liz