Monday, January 08, 2007

Right Voice

Sometimes it's good to have kids. The crows of doubt were circling about Serena's voice in the book and I ran her chapter past the 14 year old ds and he said yeah he kinda thinks like that....So provided one year doesn't make too much of a difference and I supply the female aspect myself I may just have found the correct voice for Serena. Phew.

Now that I am in writing mode again my reading dwindles to drip feed except for research. However I have to read Sarah Waters Nightwatch by next Monday for book club. Must get down to the tonight.

But thinking about books led me to think what my top five reads of 2006 were. It was a tough choice and I have devided them by mainstream and catagory - a way of cheating so I could list more!

1. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
2. Life Skills by Katie Fforde
3. An Old Fashioned Arrangement by Susie Vereker
4. The Kite Runner by Kalid Hosseini
5. Any Human Heart by William Boyd


1. Blind Date Wedding by Fiona Harper
2. White Hot by Trish Wylie
3. Being a Bad Girl by Julie Cohen
4. Antonakos Marriage by Kate Walker
5.Five Year Baby Secret by LIz Fielding

3 comments:

Susie Vereker said...

Liz, Am delighted that you enjoyed An Old-Fashioned Arrangement so much. Thanks for saying so too.

Susie Vereker said...

Not sure why my post is timed 3.27 am - must be San Francisco time!

Unknown said...

Hi Susie,

Yes it was one of favorite reads last year so thank you!