Friday, May 25, 2012

The Cornish House - London Launch

Wow! Didn't think anything could match the Dubai launch but the London launch was great party...

Here's video clip here.

A huge thank you to the wonderful staff at Waterstones High Street Kensington who helped to make it such a wonderful evening!

Now for the pictures...first thanks to the photographers - Carole Blake, Brigid Coady, DD and DS2

The venue...
Waterstones High Street Kensington
The preparations...


The help...


We're ready...




The guests...
Brigid Coady





Judy Astley, Liz Fenwick and Adele Parks










Judy Astley and Brigid Coady

Marika Cobbold


Kate Harrison and Liz Fenwick

Brigid Coady, Liz Fenwick, Julie Cohen and Christina Courtenay

The reading...




The signing...



The evidence...

The fabulous Gear farm Organic Pasties...just before they all disappeared

It was a brilliant evening...now to rest up for the Cornish signings coming up this week...

31st May Charles Causley Festival Launceston - noon
1st June Falmouth Booksellers 2PM
2nd June Waterstones Truro 11AM

And also a lovely library talk at the St Ives Library at 7PM on the 5th of June...

Back to the 'One Thing I've Learnt' tomorrow...

15 comments:

Donna Alward said...

Liz, you always seem to glow. You looked lovely and happy (as usual!)

It was nice to see some other familiar faces, too!

But I'm afraid I've forgotten much of the blog because I'm now stuck on those delicious looking pasties. I've had them before, but not sure if you can call ones in Canada true Cornish pasties...

Jan Jones said...

It was a lovely launch, Liz. So pleased to have been there to share the moment with you.

And those pasties were WONDERFUL!

Carol McGrath said...

Oh what a fabulous launch and you all look lovely. The white dress is excellent. Beautifully and elegantly understated. I have the novel on my kindle and yes, I did notice, Marika has the real thing in hand. x

Alison Morton said...

A terrific launch, Liz. Presume you will be taking your succesful show on a Cornish tour. ;-)

Jan Brigden said...

Wow! Looks like a fabulous evening was had by all. So disappointed I couldn't come but thrilled to be able to read al about it here and view all these lovely snaps. You looked gorgeous, Liz. Many Congratulations and all the very best for The Cornish House. I can't wait to read it. x x

Unknown said...

Hi Donna - I'm still grinning :-) and yes I think a Cornish pasty is a Cornish pasty even in Canada but Gear Fram pasty have the most beautifully delicious pastry!

Jan - thank you so much for coming and for everything else!!!

Carol - we missed you!

Off on signings next week...

Jan - thank you so much!

lx

Lyn McCulloch said...

Lovely pix. Looks like a fantastic do - as I knew it would be- with lots of familiar faces. Hope you enjoyed it as much as everyone else clearly did! Good luck with 'the tour' not that you'll need it! xxx

BucksWriter said...

Really sorry I couldn't make the launch as I would love to have met you in real life! Only my stunning Canadian honeymoon could have prevented me being there - we got back today and have major jet-lag, how do you travel so much and look so awake?

Huge congrats and I'm so glad you had fun.

Claire. x

Unknown said...

Alison - my reply to you got cut off...how weird...hopefully it will be successful!

Thanks Lyn!

Buck Writer...jet lag is always worse coming this way! But enough of that...how was the wedding and the Rockies...have you posted pics that I missed???

lx

Jenny Beattie said...

Congratulations Liz. It looks a very fine evening indeed. Jennyx

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenny!
lx

Rebecca Leith said...

Looks as though it was a fabulous launch, and I missed it *sobs once again into a tissue*. I want a front row seat for the next one!
Huge congratulations, can't wait to get a copy, hopefully today.
See you soon. Xxx

Helen said...

Fabulous pics, Liz. You looked wonderful (as always). I'm so pleased it was a great launch. Your book is now winging its way to me in my new house. xx

Unknown said...

Bex - you were missed but you were in the right place! S needed you x

Helen - I'm so pleased you have finally moved and you can begin to put life back together. Don't pressure yourself to much on how long that takes to do...hopefully TCH can distract you from the boxes a bit :-)

lx

Anonymous said...

Hello Kate H, I didn't spot you on the night, so a very belated hello to you.