The wonderful now in print Fiona Harper (her blog) has tagged me to post five little know facts about me! Hard one.
But first I must write about the other person she tagged, Liz Fielding (her blog), as yesterday I read her book The Sheikh's Guarded Heart. Wow. What an amazing book. As I have said before I don't really like sheikh books but when a favorite author writes one I succumb. I am so glad I did. Liz took the area and made it come alive and her use of Persian history and gardens evokes such a sensual background for a compelling love story. I loved the characters and never had a moment when I felt their actions weren't justified. I wept. I sighed and as another writer I was green with envy. What a book Liz!!!!
Now on to the task of Five Little Know Things About Me!
1. I have hold a RYA Level 2 in Power Boats (very useful as it means I too can use the DH's mistress, a 15 ft. dory) when he's not around.
2. I was first runner up in beauty contest too many years ago to remember!
3. One of my first jobs after leaving university was selling cosmetics for Clinque
4. I receive pre-natal care for my dd in three countries (Russia, US, and UK)
5. I was an extra in the movie It Happen One Summer with John Cusack and Demi More
A note from Sharon, the creator of People Collection (which seems to have originated this "Five Things..." list), says: PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL ‘PEOPLE COLLECTION’ POSTS:Remember that it isn’t always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it! :)
Now I have to tag two people which will be tough as Jess has already done her five things as had Nell. I am sure I rember reading Julie Cohen's a while back. So I also read Bernardine Kennedy but she is on hols but I will have to tag her and Michelle Styles