Thursday, April 09, 2009

Happiness Is......


Happiness is so many things - being with my family in Cornwall (despite the grey skies), being able to cut beautiful spring flowers from my garden, an Amazon delivery with two friends' books (Giselle Green's latest LITTLE MIRACLES and Novel Racer,Rachel Green's AN UNGODLY CHILD - crearly there is a green thing going on and I have to say I was savouring the varying shades of it that soothed my eyes as we drove from Heathrow yesterday! I had forgotten how green everything was here as my eyes are so accustomed to varying shades of sand) and the short list for the Melissa Nathan Comedy Romance Award was announced and contained two friends! (Novel Racer, Kate Harrison's SECRET SHOPPER"S REVENGE and Trisha Ashley's WINTER'S TALE) Here's the whole short list:

The Secret Shopper's Revenge by Kate Harrison. Orion
Bridesmaids by Jane Costello. Pocket Books
Recipe For Disaster by Miriam Morrison. Arrow
A Winter's Tale by Trisha Ashley. Avon
The Marriage Bureau For Rich People by Farahad Zama. Abacus
The Importance Of Being Emma by Juliet Archer. ChocLit

6 comments:

Tamsyn Murray said...

Welcome back! Enjoy your garden and have a lovely birthday!

Rachel Green said...

Oh I say! You bought my book! How delightful. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Thanks Tam!

Of course I bought your book Rachel! Looking forward to reading it now :-)

lx

Nell Dixon said...

Welcome home

Jan Jones said...

Enjoy, home, Liz. You deserve it!

Flowerpot said...

welcome back to Cornwall Liz. I got an email from Trisha yesterday - brilliant news!