Thursday, November 13, 2008

Great Opportunity for a Free Book Edit

This a fantastic opportunity for a chance at a for a free book edit from BubbleCow.

Here's the details:

On December 01 2008, one entry will be selected and a full edit of a manuscript (up to 100,000 words) (worth £500) will be completed before Christmas.
If any of you would like to enter the draw for a free edit:

1. Simply email IloveChristmas@bubblecow.co.uk by midnight GMT November 30 2008.
2. To avoid being spam, the subject line of your email should read ‘I love Christmas'.
3. Within the email, confirm your name, your manuscript’s final word count and title.
4. The winner will be announced on December 01 2008 and informed by email.
5. The winner then has five days to email the manuscript.
6. The in-depth edit and report will be completed before Christmas.
7. The rules and details can be found HERE

This is already appealing to a number of writers who are currently tackling NaNoWriMo, so please do spread the word amongst your writer friends.

Now to a few links - over on The Writer and The White Cat (yes, I know it looks like Snowy is leading a double life), Rick makes some excellent points about creativity and how its needs to push a few limits. Billy popped by my blog the other day on the prologue issue. His blog is a wealth of information. Too much to link to one item as I am still exploring. It's well worth a browse.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous opportunity. Shame I am no where near finished. But thank you for letting us know about this.

CJ xx

HelenMWalters said...

It is a fantastic offer. If only my manuscript was far enough advanced to benefit from it.

Karen said...

It's a great ofer, but sadly I'm not finished either yet!

Rick said...

Hello Liz. Like a total dufus, I got wrapped up in a technical writing project and forgot that NaNoWriMo started! So I'm donating money to help them with their costs instead. But next year...

PS, I really appreciate you posting this information on BubbleCow et al.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Just what I need now I have finished my second draft...I shall pop over and try my luck..

Unknown said...

Update - BubbleCow will take partials for the Free Edit! Think about it all.........