Monday, November 03, 2008

Catch Up

The boys have gone back to school and the laundry from Cape Town is done. Now to catch up on all that I didn't do in the past two and half weeks. I did write though so I will update the word counter shortly.

While in Cape Town it gave me time to think about the reports I have had back on ACH. At first, as always, I wanted to retreat even though they hadn't told me it was crap. In fact, if I look at both, it was much more positive than negative, but as with things I was too close. So clear air and blue seas gave me some much needed perspective. Today I slashed the synopsis from three pages to one. I hate doing this, but this time I found it really helped me to focus on what I needed to change and what I don't. It left me feeling that the story as it stands is the one I want to tell and it may take some more editing, but it will find its way.

So I will be subbing it at the end of this week to one of my open doors. If nothing else it will provide me with more feedback - good or bad. It might open dialogue which would be wonderful.

Now head down to catch up with edits, blogs and life...........

9 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

Hmmm, I haven't got started on my first lot of feedback. I'm trying to bear it in mind while writing the second chunk though. A bit of perspective is a good thing though. I hope you get on well with it.

Pat Posner said...

Good luck with the tweaking and the subbing, Liz.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Best of luck with the subbing.

Steve Malley said...

Yes, best of luck! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks all :-)

Jessica Raymond said...

Big good-luck hugs! xx

Nell Dixon said...

Fingers crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

"Eu encontrei-a quando não quis
mais procurar o meu amor
e o quanto levou foi pra eu merecer
antes um mês e eu já não sei
e até quem me vê lendo jornal
na fila do pão sabe que eu te encontrei"

Los Hermanos - Último Romance

Flowerpot said...

Best of luck Liz - feedback's always difficult to take isn't it? But the novel will be even better as a result - go for it!