Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dubai Rugby Sevens

Can it be that time of year again when thoughts turn to thighs.....not. I mean rugby. The madness has retuned to Dubai and in the new stadium. Thus far my take on it is that is it's fine if a bit far out so that joviality at least on our account is dimished - too far too take a taxi so sobriety reigns. However having said that there are other compensations..........
The US teams is playing well this year and although I was the lone voice of support when they played England in the afternoon - I could hold my head head as they played well.

It's always good to see a camel from the distance - they smell up close.
Then of course there is the view to be taken into account. The players stand was looking good this year I thought!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Rick said...

I've never seen a rugby match, Liz, but I've seen plenty of broken noses on those who play!

Jan Jones said...

And with a players' stand like that, you don't actually have to watch the matches...

Unknown said...

Ahhh and somewhere in the stands is my lovely friend Matt! Who keeps texting me to say he is sending me warm thoughts. Grrrr.

Jenny Beattie said...

Yup, I am enjoying that view, Liz. The camels are rather cute too

HelenMWalters said...

Great photos! Love the camels.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I'm not surprised you went to the match/game(?), with a players' stand like that.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the player's stand does look rather refreshing.

CJ xx

DOT said...

I presume it's sevens - and do they still use a ball to play in Dubai as there isn't one in evidence?

Thighs! You should see the size of my ex-cyclist thighs. Bring a magnifying glass.

Leigh Forbes said...

Nice view. Yeah, it looks like they used three-quarter inch bolts on that hand rail. Or was it the light fitting you were talking about?
;-)

Liane Spicer said...

My, my, my. Hand me those binoculars...