Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cover Girl...Writers' Forum

What a day this has been...first time ever - I missed a flight. I woke sans alarm at 7:55 and my flight was at 8:40.... (still don't know why my alarm didn't go off at 4:45!)

As I write this I am sitting in the lounge waiting for the 1700 flight......won't talk about the nerves or the swear words...

However today was lifted from being one of my worst every to one of my best. Today I became a cover girl (I know at my age too!)....The June edition of Writer's Form magazine has my mug on the cover here. The picture was taken in Cornwall by fabulous photographer Adam Gibbard (his website). The words on the inside are by the wonderful Helen Hunt (her website). She wanted to know why I felt that taking a slower route to publication, in my case, was better....you'll have to read the article to find out.

I checked the WH Smith's here in the airport to see if I could get my hands on a copy but alas no. Will have to ask friends to buy me a copy.

The great thing is... have already had lovely comment from a member of NWS saying how this article gave her hope....and well, that indeed made my day!

9 comments:

Katalin Havasi said...

Hi Liz, congratulations on being a cover girl on Writers' Forum!

I haven't read your story in the magazine yet (it comes out tomorrow), but I've already seen your cover photo on the publisher's website. It's truly fabulous!

I hope you had a pleasant flight and I look forward to enjoying the article about you.

Frances Garrood said...

Wow! Very glamorous! And very good luck with the novel.

Rosie Hendry said...

It's a great interview, Liz.(My copy of Writers' Forum arrived in the post yesterday). Thank you for sharing your path to publication. It shows that if you keep working at it and focus on what you're doing it pays off. I'm looking forward to reading 'The Cornish House'.

Unknown said...

Thank Katalin. Hope you enjoy the article!

Nail biting time right now , as you know Francis!

Thanks Kate! There are so many ways to publlication and it goes to show you that slow can work too :-)

lx

wannabe a writer said...

Hi Liz

My copy of Writer's Forum arrived yesterday and I was delighted to see you on the cover, looking fab as ever. I've been following your blog for a while and I know there must have been days when you despaired of being published let alone a cover girl. Persistance pays and you are a real inspiration.

Linda

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

How thrilling to be on the cover! I can't wait for my copy to be delivered and read your piece. Congratulations.x

Unknown said...

Thanks you Linda...yes there were days :-) But persistence does pay off...hang in there!

Thanks Debs!

lx

Katalin Havasi said...

Liz, I've read the interview in Writers' Forum twice and I like it very much. You managed to turn every negative experience into a positive one - a wise trick in life!

My answer to the question 'Can a house heal a broken heart?': Yes, if it comes with a garden and a dog.

May your new novel heal many broken hearts!

Unknown said...

Katalin - gosh, twice, thanks!
lx