Saturday, September 27, 2008

Travel and Black Boxes









I am sitting in the study in Cornwall having watching the most beautiful sunrise wondering how I got here from there sort of thing. What a week this has been. Celebrated Dh's birthday, had hang over from hell (might there be a connection I wonder?), flew to London, went to a book launch, picked up ds2 and drove to my beloved home! I think I may have left my brain somewhere along the way..........




However it was with sheer joy that I was able to attend the wonderful Caroline Smailes' launch of Black Boxes. It was joyful on sooooooooo many accounts I just have to list them:


-Novel Racers (finally meeting in person Calistro, Leigh, CC, Julliette, Cathy - of course I had met the wonderful Kate Harrison before - lucky me!)

-Meeting Caroline in the flesh
-Catching up with the glorious Biddy
-Meeting Judith who in my jet lagged state I couldn't quite place why I knew her (please forgive me)

-Holding in my hands my own - and signed just for me- copy of Black Boxes which in the flesh, so to speak, is so much more beautiful that the image of the cover portrays on the 'puter screen!


-And finally just the buzz of being a part of a friend's success
I, as always, took a few photos so that I could share the event. I haven't outed the people in them.......see if you can guess.

15 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh Liz, thanks so much for posting these photos. (is it ok to copy/paste them as I don't have any photos of the night?)

I kept meeting your eye throughout the reading/Clare's speech and your face was covered in such warmth that I thought I'd cry! Thank you so so much for being there, for being so wonderful and for sharing my launch with me. x

Biddy said...

It was a wonderful night! And that Caroline is damn talented!!

Nell said...

Looks fab!

liz fenwick said...

Caroline, I was thrilled to be there. Of course you may cut and paste......but if you want better resolution I can email them to you. i have a few more too which may want but may want to vet :-)

Biddy she is indeed!

It was fab Nell :-)

Debs said...

What lovely photos, thanks for sharing them. I would have loved to have been there but couldn't manage two trips to UK in two weeks, such a shame.

I'll bet that sunrise in Cornwall was gorgeous.

JJ said...

Oh Liz, thank you so much for sharing the pictures. I soooo wish I could've been there to meet you and share a drink with everyone. Brilliant that you enjoyed it so much.

Paige said...

Oh Liz! Thank you so much for sharing those photos! I was so gutted that I couldn't be there myself and seeing the photos helps!

Good to see so many Novel Racers together again!

Looks like it was a good night and Caroline looks fab!

DOT said...

I took my camera but was too embarrassed to use it.

I wish you would identify who's who. I can't believe there were so many people whose blogs I might be reading present and I didn't know. Must go on How to Network course one day.

Calistro said...

Wasn't it a wonderful evening? And so lovely to meet you at last Liz :o)

Flowerpot said...

great photos Liz but I am speechless at your life. Do you ever know where you are?!!!! Hope you enjoed this weekend in Cornwall - we walked past Bosloe house this morning and I thought of you!

Steve Malley said...

Liz, can you *hear* your hair hurt? I can.

Not such a good reason for my hangover, either!

Congrats to your freind!

KAREN said...

What great pictures! I am starting to recognise a few people, but haven't met them in the flesh yet :o)

Barrie said...

Looks like it was a great book launch! Thanks for the wonderful pics!

pierre l said...

Sorry I am rather late with my comment. It was great meeting you, having seen your name so often in comments.
Following that night I have added several blogs to my reading list, and I am slowly catching up. It is very useful to have all those lovely photos. Thank you for taking and posting them.

liz fenwick said...

Pierre thanks for dropping by and it was a pleasure to meet you too :-)