Monday, April 23, 2007

Sorting

Well, A Cornish House is in capable hands. She will tell me if it's total crap. Trembling in my boots a bit but this is good. I know that it is very rough at this point and there is much to do to make it something special. However I am quite excited to begin the revision process in a little bit of time.

Right now I must focus on organizing for the move to who knows where. So this morning I spent in the boys room going through things........joy! Clothes that wouldn't fit since they have both become giants, toys they no longer play with......and things I can't part with.......brio train sets and Lego. Still trying to hold onto my little boys who now tower over me!

I have begun lists and then as a treat printed off the He Wrote She Wrote http://www.crusiemayer.com/workshop/sections I missed while on holiday and the push to the end of the book. This afternoon I will curl up with the print off and cut of tea (With note pad nearby as I start thinking about what needs to change in A Cornish House). Did I say I was taking a week or two off??????

9 comments:

Lucy Diamond said...

Ooh, exciting. Good luck with your reader - hope you get a mighty thumbs up.
We are still very much in 'the Lego years' here but I can so imagine myself in a few years hanging onto those kinds of things, as you describe...aw... It's hard, isn't it, sometimes to accept that a certain stage of your children's lives is over!

liz fenwick said...

It really is...it had flown by. Both my boys tower over me which gives them no end of pleasure and I suppose me secret pleasure that they are mine:-) at least for a little while.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I'm doing a bit of boot-trembling too. How long is it until you get your feedback? I get mine in mid-May which seems soooo long to wait... I'm trying really hard not to hassle my readers to give me just a teeny weeny hint of what they think about it. Good practice for when we send things off to agents, I suppose (sigh!).

liz fenwick said...

Hi Zinnia. I should have my feedback the end of this week or the beginning of next........

Yes, it is good training for the agent game. Last sumbission I sent off I waited three months for feedback:-)

Hera said...

Well done! What will you do with yourself!!

liz fenwick said...

Oh Hera.......clean, sort, read :-)

NoviceNovelist said...

Liz and Zinnia - we wait along with you for your feedback - I'm sure it will be valuable for both of you - hang in there!

JJ said...

You're both so brave. I live in terror of the idea of letting it go. Still, that's very much theory for me at the moment. I hope you both get really useful feedback.

Can I ask, are they friends? Writers? Both?

liz fenwick said...

Hi, JJ. Don't stress about showing it someone now - just write.

This time its in the hands of a pro. Last book went through a friends hands first. Then the RNA new writers scheme, an agent, and two pros. That is waiting for a major rework but I am waiting to see the feedback on this one to know which to do first!