Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another Meme

Alyssa tagged for a meme and I'm happy to oblige but will confess that I'm having a tough time trying to think up new things about me....... probably because I am plain ordinary.

Here goes. So eight quirky, unusual, completely random things about me:

1. I'm an only child so I many times don't understand the politics of my three kids
2. I have always wanted to drive a Mercedes 450slk -I guess there is still time yet
3. I never expected to be a stay at home mum - no complaints here (in fact deeply thankful) but it was just never in the vision of how I saw myself
4. My best friend and I are like chalk and cheese (she's sporty and I'm bookish) yet we have been friends for over 40 years
5. I have always been a sucker for English men (hence I married one :-) )
6. I have a passion for Redbush tea
7. I love embarrassing my children and especially with my honesty when they ask questions
8. I am blessed with a life strengthening belief in God and the belief that there is something good in all people

I won't tag anyone but if you pick up the gauntlet let me know.

I have to point you in the direction of Steve Malley again. He has the first part of a great post on action scenes (this one the fade to the fireplace) and it enlightened me on the Bridget Jones film. Maybe I should have added to the list that I am still far too innocent at 44!

16 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

Ha, Liz, I knew you meant that scene in Bridget Jones! I was prewarned about that, but I'm fairly sure I'd've missed it too the first time round!
JJx

Unknown said...

Pre-warned???? Lucky you :-)

Flowerpot said...

I love Redbush tea, too Liz!

Unknown said...

It's great isn't it?

Jenny Beattie said...

Yes, it was a warning from a rather offended lady, so the warning wasn't that nice too. I didn't know she knew about things like that!

Oooh, and the less said about nasty redbush/rooibus tea the better. A cup of PG Tips for me please.
JJx

Unknown said...

Don't worry JJ when you visit there will PG tips in the house :-)

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

My sister drinks that tea. She's the only one in the family that does. It's known as 'rubbish' tea at our house.

I'll be doing this meme on Monday, thanks for the blog post idea!!

Unknown said...

A pleasure Zinnia :-)

sheepish said...

Redbush and dodgy sex oh dear and I thought you were a nice lady!!!!
Seriously though good link to a blog I haven't come across before.

Lane Mathias said...

That scene? My oh my, I had no idea;-)

Redbush? Love it - just like Mme Ramotswe:-)
xx

Rachel Green said...

I shall have to watch Bridget again now!

Unknown said...

Yes, it's a bit worrying Sheepish isn't it!

Lane another clueless one :-)


Yes, Rachel I need to too :-)

Phillipa said...

Oh dear (blushes). I knew exactly what they meant but*don't* go drawing any conclusions from that.:)

hesitant scribe said...

Not gonna do the meme thing, but loved reading yours! Know the politics of sibling thing, as I'm also an only child. Must try Redbush tea, and also love embarrasing my kids with honest responses! Hee hee hee - why else are we parents if not to exact a teensy bit of mischief back at 'em!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I'm clueless...which scene?? And I've never heard of Redbush tea. British?

Unknown said...

When the I finally get into our villa I will watch the film again and study it and then tell you which scene.......Redbush is South African tea - no caffine and low in tannins :-)