Tuesday, March 05, 2013

It's Here...The Emirates Airline Festival of Literature

I can't believe this is the festival's fifth year and I have been lucky enough to be at everyone of them and as an attendee, a volunteer and as an author!


Back at the first festival I took in so much information I nearly popped. I fed my soul with words and advice.

The second year I was on hand to help out with Education Day and saw the important work of bringing the joy of reading to children of the area.

The third year I manned the Green Room and met authors I never dreamt I would ever come in contact with....

The fourth year and I was suddenly on the stage as an author...what a thrill.

The fifth year ... again I will be on the stage  as an author and in the audience listening and learning. The whole time making sure I relish every moment of this fabulous event.

Today the Irish cookery writer, Rachel Allen, asked for my advice on what to see and do...and I said be daring and go to a session that your not sure about for that is when the magic happens....a whole new world opens up.

The other big joy of today was that I held in my hand for the first time the mass market (small) paperback of The Cornish House. It will be on sale here at the festival a full month before it is officially released!

Finally my pictures from today are here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do yоu haνe any video of that? I'd want to find out some additional information.

Feel free to visit my web page ... amazon
My web site > cheap shopping