Friday, May 16, 2008

Update

Sorry I have been so invisible but I have been working hard and life has absorbed the other time as it tends to........like lost marriage certificates and things (long story I may one day tell).

A Cornish House is being carved and redesigned. At the start of this rewrite I had 391 pages. Currently that stands at 335 and I'm thrilled about it! I am working on page 201 and the story has moved to become Maddie's without lessening Serena's. (Mark's pov of has disappeared - for the answer to that delema and I actually think it makes him a stronger character) I have thrown so much at poor Maddie that I do worry about her but she is showing just what she is made of. With all the cutting I have done it is leaving me the room to develop all the twists in Maddie's life. My biggest concern is that I can remember them all and pull everything together at the end. I will only begin to know this at the end of this rewrite.

Now keen blog reader will remember that I set myself a deadline for the end of this rewrite of 23rd May when I fly back to the UK for a week. With my head down I just may make it so I will still be in absentia in the blog world for another week. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Jessica Raymond said...

Good luck, Liz!

Flowerpot said...

Go for it Liz - fingers crossed!

Lucy said...

You can do it, Liz!

Jenny Beattie said...

Fingers crossed, Liz.
JJx

Jan Jones said...

Luck, hon!

Liane Spicer said...

Just popped by to remind you that author/literary agent/writing coach Orna Ross will be stopping by my blog today and will answer (on Monday) any questions left in the comment trail. You're welcome to drop in!

Jen said...

LUCK!

X

Unknown said...

Thanks one and all!!!