Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Cornish Stranger…countdown

So tomorrow is the first launch event for A Cornish Stranger and it's in Helford at Down by the Riverside Cafe (if you are in the area please join me for drinks & nibbles from 17:00-18:30…& the ferry from the north side will run until then!). And it's rather fun to do this in one of the settings in the book!

Of course at all of these events I have to read a snippet of the book…this is the part of releasing a new book that gives me sleepless nights. Being Dyslexic and reading aloud are not easy companions…

So in the past I have practiced in front of the cats…Snowy and Sooty but they are in Dubai and I am in Cornwall. So I practiced in front of my iPhone and recorded it. Then I decided to video one for those who can't make any of the events and 'want to hear the author's voice' *gulp*.



Hope it doesn't put you off! What do you think about authors reading their work?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done on the video reading, I've been considering doing something similar but am a scaredy-cat! SD
http://www.sandradanby.com/

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra…it's hard but with practice…

lx

John Jackson said...

Excellent - a really good taster!

Unknown said...

Thanks John!
lx

Scarlet Wilson said...

Loved this Liz, well done x

Unknown said...

Thanks Scarlet!
lx

Karen said...

I think I'd prefer someone else reading my work, as I'd be too embarrassed, but you've done a great job :o)