Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Another Step on the Road to Publication of The Cornish House

The Cornish House proofs on an Emirates flight to Dubai
On Monday I collected the final proofs for checking...gulp. The Cornish House will go into production soon and come the other side a real book.

It's a weird moment filled with excitement and dread. Why dread? It's the fear I referred to the other day. That it's not good enough. It's also strange to begin reading the book again. I haven't done any more than give the first few pages of the bound uncorrected proof copy more than a glance. So in truth I haven't read The Cornish House since I went through the copy edited version back in October/November. This is good as I should come to the book with fresh eyes....

I'll let you know how I feel about the book when I've finished this step...and I'll be blogging shortly about how it feels for people to be reading the book and some of the feedback I've received. Most worrying though is DS2 took a proof copy to read...not sure what a 17 yr old will make of it or more correctly what my 17 yr old son will make of it....most worrying really.

4 comments:

catdownunder said...

Liz, you are going to love this book, nurture it and cherish it. It is your first born book-baby - the first of a big family. You are going to be a great mother!

Unknown said...

Aw, Cat, thank you!
lx

B.E. Sanderson said...

Your long road getting Cornish House to publication is almost at the end. Yay! I know you'll love it as much as you always have when you read those proofs. Congratulations, Liz. You've earned this. :hugs:

Liz Harris said...

How exciting it all is!

I wonder how you feel when you read The Cornish House in its totally finished form.

And I wonder how your children feel!

Liz X