Friday, July 08, 2011

RNA Conference 2011

Landed last night...my bags are packed and soon I'll be on my way to Wales for the RNA Conference. I can't wait - a weekend with writers and my wonderful agent.

I am ready to be inspired. I have been deep in  my edits....front half of the book in shreds. Each night I read editorial notes before I fall asleep hoping the resting brain will wrestle with the problems while I rest and unbelievably it seems to be working. Wrote 2000 words of two new scenes on the plane yesterday and I can just see the glimmer of the light at the end of the revision cave. What I need to do now is just hold onto that sighting and push through. This is new territory and I'm scared. I'm scared not that I've ripped the books to shreds....been there and done that, but I'm scared that this time they won't work or do what I want them to do.....time will tell.

So the conference comes at a wonderful time. I'm coming up for air before diving back in. I will try and capture the conference for you....

I hope every writer has read Sherrilyn Kenyon keynote address from the RWA Conference this year. The speech is here. Read it.

PS....there will be shoes this weekend or mayeb with the weather forecast wellies

3 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I'm sure you'll have an incredible time at the RNA conference and you certainly have an amazing agent to enjoy it with.

Good luck with your edits, I can't wait to read this book and thanks for posting the Sherrilyn Kenyon keynote address, it was inspirational.

Janice said...

Have a wonderful conference, Liz. I'll be thinking of you and my other lovely RNA friends. I can't be there this year, unfortunately, so will be waiting for the news, the gossip and the shoe photos - or of glam wellie boots - on your return. Have fun!

Flowerpot said...

Have a great time Liz and look forward to hearing about it later!